I have a confession to make — I do A LOT of shopping online. Outside of groceries, it is very rare that I will physically go into a store to purchase an item. And, by no surprise, Amazon wins the top spot on my list of online retailers by a landslide.
I have ordered everything from home essentials to clothing to school supplies and toys via my favorite Amazon app. With all this purchasing experience, I’ve discovered some really fantastic products.
Whether you are looking for something in particular or just have a holiday giftcard burning a hole in your pocket, I’ve compiled a list of the best Amazon purchases in 2023 to help you select your next delivery.
From the kitchen to the closet and everywhere in between, here are some of the most useful items for the house.
- Farmhouse-Style Tablecloth – A beautiful everyday tablecloth that washes well.
- Weekly Calendar Dry Erase Board – My go-to solution for weekly meal planning (and avoiding the dreaded “What’s for dinner?” question).
- Faux Leather Tissue Box Cover – This just looks so much nicer than a patterned cardboard box!
- Velvet Hangers – Clothing stays put with these high-quality yet budget-friendly hangers.
- Best Kitchen Towels – My favorite kitchen towels for years.
- Memory Foam Lumbar Pillow – This pillow is so squishy yet supportive I had to buy another one just so my husband would stop stealing it.
- Collapsible Laundry Basket – Extremely sturdy and large-capacity laundry basket that folds down flat for easy storage.
- Stanley Cup Accessories – Tired of bumping your teeth on the hard plastic straw and the loud metal clank when setting your cup down? Let me introduce you to your emotional support cup’s new BFFs.
- Silicone Oven Mitts – Who knew having “favorite oven mitts” was even a thing?
- Apple Watch Charger – A low-profile watch charger for the nightstand or bathroom counter.
- Samsung Jet 75 Stick Vacuum – This stick vac is not only powerful but the sleek controls and lightweight design make cleaning less of a chore!
- TP-Link Wifi Mesh System – With four kids and two adults using the same WiFi, this system has been a game-changer.
Clothing & Accessories (Women)
Why go to the store or order from expensive brands when you can find clothing basics and fashionable statement pieces at the press of a (digital) button?
- Sporty Belt Bag – My everyday on-the-go bag.
- Basic Crewneck Tees – Nice quality essential tees in a variety of colors.
- Geometric Huggie Earrings – From the gym to the pool to bed, I’ve worn these cute huggies 95% of the time for months now —and they still look brand new!
- Saguaro EVA Sandals – Basic, easy sandals for running around in the summer.
- Comfy, Versatile Pants – Dress them up for the office or down for lounging in the house. Comfy, quick-drying fabric makes these the perfect travel pants.
- Koolaburra Slippers – Warm, soft, and durable. If I am at home during the winter months, I guarantee I’m sporting these slippers!
- Swiss Dots Short-Sleeve Blouse – An easy, drapey blouse that goes with everything.
- Button-Up Blouse – My go-to lightweight button-up for when I want to look professional yet feel comfortable.
- Kut from the Kloth Bootcut jeans – Classic style, flattering fit. Never tried a pair I didn’t like from this denim brand.
- Lace Cocktail Dress – A beautiful, classy dress at a great price point. I love it so much, I have it in two colors!
- Gold-Plated Quatrefoil Hoops – A fun twist on classic hoops, these high-quality hoops look and feel way more expensive than they are!
- Frank Mully Pointed-Toe Flats – These cute flats come in various colors and styles.
As a mid-day gymgoer, I tend to wear my fitness gear for a large portion of my day. These items function well and look good whether I’m running errands or laps.
- Muscle-Style Workout Tank – My favorite boxy-style tank that’s long enough to flatter my mom bod.
- Buttery Soft ⅞ Leggings with Pockets – SIMPLY. MY. FAVE. LEGGINGS. PERIOD.
- High-Waisted Biker Shorts with Pockets – The shorts version of my fave leggings, great for hot summer days. Also available in full-length and cropped length.
- Jogger Leggings – Imagine if your favorite leggings and your favorite joggers had an adorable lovechild.
- Athleisure Sneakers – These New Balance sneaks are ideal for shuffling around town and low-impact gym activities.
- BagSmart Gym Bag – Fabulous roomy bag with so many pockets for all your gear.
From luxury brands to budget-friendly devices, there are so many incredible beauty finds available at the world’s biggest online retailer.
- Light-Up Travel Mirror – The light-up makeup mirror I use daily also packs nicely for travel.
- Waterproof Mascara – My ride-or-die mascara for close to 15 years. Available in other colors and non-waterproof as well.
- Gentle Facial Sunscreen – This no-nonsense sunscreen is gentle and works well under any makeup.
- Stans Out Makeup Sponge – Amazingly pliable makeup sponge that was made to use wet or dry.
- Double-Sided Makeup Brushes – These brushes are so good I actually prefer them to the higher-end alternatives.
- Makeup Brush Cleaner – Get your makeup brushes squeaky clean (and dry!) in no time.
- Hair Claw Clips set – Cute and heavy-duty hair clips in a variety of designs.
- Jelly Nail Polish – My new favorite nail polish that wears like a gel (without the lamp) and comes in over 400 colors.
- Sheet Masks – Moisturizing face masks for your next at-home spa night. (Bonus Tip – they’re individually wrapped, thus perfect to pack and quench dry post-travel skin.)
- Under Eye Patches – Refresh your under eyes and reduce puffiness with these golden eye patches.
- Lumify Eye Drops – My secret weapon on tired mornings, these drops moisturize and whiten your eyes to make you instantly look and feel more awake.
- Heel Repair Ointment & Socks – Cracked heels no more —the ointment and heel socks each work well on their own, but are miraculous when used together.
Kids (Tween/Teen Girls)
Whether we’re looking for school gear or trying to entertain our four daughters, Amazon always has what we need.
- Mother/Daughter Journal – A fun way to encourage meaningful conversations with your daughter. There are also versions for older girls and boys too.
- Puzzle Book – Easy entertainment for car trips or rainy days.
- Wooden Puzzles – Kids will get a kick out of this puzzle with coordinating animal-shaped pieces!
- Water Bottles – For school, sports, or home, these bottles are cute enough to receive the tween girl stamp of approval.
- What do you Meme Family Edition game – Warning —this game may cause lots of laughter.
- Cover Your Assets game – A competitive card game that everyone from ages 7 to 99 will enjoy. (This is our house’s favorite game!)
- Prismacolor Art Set – A guided set to help your young artist improve her skills.
- Brush Tip Marker Set – Because tween and teen girls love decorating everything!
- Cute Sheet Masks – Cutesy masks are excellent for sleepovers.
- Kindle Paperwhite Kids – Just like Mom’s but with age-appropriate entertainment options.
- Over-the-door Basketball Hamper – The only reason my kids *mostly* keep their clothes off the floor.
Out and About / Travel
All the necessary gear for your next trip to the store, the pool, or on vacation.
- Bogg Tote Bag – Easy to clean and durable bag for sporting events, the beach, or every day.
- JBL Waterproof Clip Bluetooth Speaker – Top-notch acoustic device that goes anywhere and clips onto your bag.
- Travel Cooler “Briefcase” Bag – This nifty little bag keeps drinks cold for hours without ice.
- Selfie/Video Call Light – Lighting makes a difference. Look 2x better with this handy light on video calls (or selfies).
- Metal Pill Case – This sleek pill case keeps your meds organized by day and looks so much nicer on the bathroom counter than the old plastic version.
- Phone Charger KeyChain – Because somehow you always need an extra charging cord!
- Travel Pill Organizer – Fill this baby with medical essentials (painkillers, bandaids, tums) for a medicine cabinet to-go.
- Travel Toiletry Bottles – Not your typical TSA-friendly toiletry bottles, these silicone ones have built-in suction cups to hang them in the hotel shower. Genius!
- Hanging Toiletry Bag set – Keep your travel toiletries organized and easily accessible in this hanging solution.
Pets (Puppy Edition!!)
With our newest family member arriving in March, there were a lot of impromptu Amazon pet purchases this year! Here are some of the best puppy-friendly items that saved our house (and sanity).
- Chom Chom Pet Hair Roller – Somehow this magical device sucks up all the fur without the need for adhesive or a vacuum.
- Kong Chew Toy – Virtually indestructible for chewers. (Bonus Tip – fill the kong with wet dog food and freeze it. Give to your pup when you need to keep him entertained and out of your hair!)
- GoDog Dragon Toy – The only plush dog toy that lasted more than 2 hours with our aggressive boy.
- Easy Walk Harness – A gentle way to train your dog to walk on a leash (without dragging you down the street!)
- Pet Seatbelt – Everyone needs a seatbelt in the car, even the pets.
- Metal Pet Exercise Pen – Create a safe space for your pets to rest or play and avoid getting into trouble.
Best Reads of the Year
2023 was a big reading year for me, but I’ve narrowed down my top pageturner picks (plus a few extras!).
- The Marriage Portrait by Maggie O’Farrell
- Where the Crawdads Sing by Delia Owens
- Happy Place by Emily Henry
- It Ends with Us by Colleen Hoover
- A Court of Thorn and Roses series by Sarah J. Maas
- Everybody Writes by Ann Handley – Maybe not a riveting pageturner, but I would recommend Handley’s cheeky handbook to anyone looking to spruce up their writing skills and be entertained.
- Let that Sh*t Go journal by Monica Sweeney – An enjoyable potty-mouth intro to journaling for beginners.
What are your favorites?
So there you have them, my top 75 best Amazon purchases of 2023! I hope you found the perfect something to add to your cart.
What are your favorite Amazon purchases? Did anything in this list catch your eye? Share your faves in the comments!